Saturday, December 3, 2011

Resisting the Lure of the Cab

This was posted in November 2010 in Notes From The Cab. I still sometimes miss the taxi business.
bartendercabbie.blogspot.com

As I noted in an earlier post I have given up the Taxi business in the Houston area. My license is now expired and barring a complete personal financial meltdown, I have no intention of renewing it. I must admit however that I have been feeling the "lure of the cab" this week. This week, barring Thanksgiving Day itself, is one of the most profitable weeks in the biz. People are traveling, kids are at the clubs, and folks are starting to shop for Xmas. There are people to meet, money to make, and adventures to have and I am missing out. Been "Jonesing" a bit for the cab this week as some old dopers like to say. It is like quitting smoking I suppose. Stay away from it and eventually the urge will subside. I don't think it will ever totally go away though. Funny how things can get in your blood. I must stay strong. By God!

No comments:

Post a Comment